Learning English vs. Technology- topics seven and eight


Learning English is one of the most difficulties things for the students in the school. They are the students who are in elementary school, junior high school and senior high school. It also happens to the student of the university. Most of them think that English is difficult, isn’t it? Yeah, they may say like so, but for me now learning English will be easier. Do you know why I think like so? It is because of the technology. Yeah technology is one of the wonderful powers in this twentieth century. By using technology, we can do everything we want to. It has many functions for learning English. Again, by using the technology learning English will be more interesting.
I can see from the seven and eight meeting of the session in Teaching and language learning, that when I want to learn and teaching English so I have to be able to integrate between technology and language learning.  I feel so impressed when I see that there are so many more websites or a links who can be as the resource for the teacher. It means that the English teacher can arrange the lesson plan to become a nice learning by using technology.
Technology can be part of the main point in learning English. It is because of the students. The students are the newest generation. They are also called by “The Digital Generation”. The students are clever who have several multiple intelligences and differences the way their learning in English. So, they are going to have sophisticated skill in up to date technology. It also means that as a teacher later, I have to be skillful in using technology otherwise the students will ignore me and get bored.
Speaking and listening are the chunk of the skills in English. Those are the skills can be learnt easily by technology. The technology provides several links from the good western websites. From the websites, the students can practice their listening via movie and sound. The technology also can help the students in pronunciations about some rather difficult vocabularies. The teacher also should pay attention to the type of the strategies in English teaching. For example: natural hypothesis, monitor hypothesis, input hypothesis and so on. They should be appropriate to the students.
From this sessions, I can see that when I want to teach, I have to know deeper about the topics itself. It also can related to the cognitive, affective and psychometric of the students. Overall, I like this meeting, because I can see the differences of the way in teaching and learning process, besides I can use language laboratories and can browse websites related to the speaking and listening English.